Staff Nurse, Operating Room Featured
TRUCKEE SURGERY CENTER LLC
10770 Donner Pass Road, Suite 201
Truckee Surgery Center is looking for an experienced Operating Room Staff Nurse to join our team. We are a small surgery center servicing the Truckee/Tahoe area. We offer a flexible schedule to accommodate work-life balance. This is a part position.
The ideal candidate is a registered nurse who, utilizing the nursing process, develops a plan of nursing care. Coordinates and delivers care to operative patients of all ages. Circulates all operative services (Orthopedic, Podiatry, ENT, Facial Plastics, Urology, General, & Pediatric Dental). Works well with peers and surgeons and has a team approach. The ability to scrub is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assesses physical and psychosocial needs of patients
- Implements and evaluates individual plan of care.
- Responsible for preparing the surgical unit for operative procedures, may assist with assembling sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Watches and anticipates surgeon needs.
- Assists as necessary to turn over the OR suite; cleans, washes, and organizes the operating room.
- Cleans up and transports instruments to Decontamination in a safe and timely manner.
- Works as a team member in the cleaning, restocking, and maintenance of the surgical rooms; initials appropriate checklists.
- Identifies and provides education to patients and/or significant others.
- Coordinates resources for complete and effective patient care.
- Completes educational requirements to maintain certification, if applicable. Seeks educational opportunities beyond mandatory requirements.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- License: California RN License
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS
- PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred: Membership in AORN and CNOR desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- No call and no weekend shifts
- Compensation is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Accrued PTO and Sick leave
- 401k after 6 months
- Aflac voluntary plans
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Working days Tuesday, Wednesday, 2nd & 4th Friday of each month.
Job Type: Part-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.