When you are looking for Reno Jobs, you are probably wondering where to start your search. We have previously established the best ways to identify hiring industries in your area. While those methods are as effective in Reno as they are in any other city, here is a quick guide to the five largest employers in the Reno-Tahoe area. This information is courtesy of the Reno-Sparks-Tahoe Economic Development Authority (EDAWN).
1. Washoe County School District: the WCSD is comprised of 93 K-12 schools throughout the county. According to EDAWN, the district is home to more than 8,000 employees.
2. The University of Nevada, Reno: as the flagship university of the state, the University of Nevada, Reno offers many career opportunities. Through its various departments, colleges, and partnerships, UNR employs more than 4,000 people.
3. Renown Regional Medical Center: the Reno-Tahoe area has lately made a name for itself in medicine. Renowns size and scope makes it a good place to look for employment opportunities. It boasts 2,500 employees.
4. Washoe County Comptroller: if you arent having any luck in the private sector, you may want to check out government jobs; the comptroller, which oversees the finances of Washoe County, employs more than 2,000 people.
5. Casinos: there are no shortage of career opportunities at the casinos, which are routinely among the largest private sector employees in the state. According to EDAWN, the top employing casinos are the Peppermill, Silver Legacy, Atlantis, El Dorado, and the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino.
5. Aflac Our mission at Aflac Reno, NV is to help financially protect your family and yourself in time of need. We offer one on one claim processing to help you get what you deserve. Reno Health Insurance
By Kyle Wise
Click here to find Reno Jobs
Back to About