In your rush to get a solid resume, dont forget to give your cover letter some attention. When you are applying for Reno Jobs, having a solid cover letter is of equal importance as having a quality resume. Your letter needs to stand out from the rest. Here are some solid cover letter tips, courtesy of Seth Porges of Forbes:
1. Dont repeat your resume: this is a pretty common one. Dont treat your cover letter as an extended resume with sentences instead of bullet points. Briefly recap your experience in one or two sentences, and then devote the rest of the letter to you and what you will bring to the company.
2. Keep it short: cover letters should never exceed a page. In fact, the average cover letter can be written in just three paragraphs and still contain all of the relevant information. If you are having trouble keeping your letter short, following step one will probably help.
3. Address no one: if you are ignorant as to whom exactly will be reading your letter, dont bother addressing anyone at all; jumping right into the body of the letter is acceptable. Dont drive yourself crazy trying to determine if To whom it may concern is an appropriate header.
4. Dont ever: use phrase My name is ______, and I am applying for the position of _____. This is redundant.
5. Give it a strong closer: end your letter with two to three sentences explaining how your experience can help your job performance. Once that is written, nothing else should come after it.
By Kyle Wise
Click here to find Jobs in Reno
Back to About