If you are feeling unfulfilled by your current job, you may be ready for a career change. Changing careers is a fairly complicated process, but if you go through with it, here are some important points to keep in mind while you apply for Reno Jobs, These tips are courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
1. Know your goals: according to The Journal, there are three categories of goals relating to career changes: short-term goals, intermediate goals, and long-term goals.
2. Do some research: if you are going to change careers, your first step is to identify the industries that are expanding. Job boards and business news publications are the best places to look. The Journal also identifies the Labor Departments Occupational Outlook Handbook (which can be found on the website of the Bureau of Labor Statistics) as a good research source.
3. Take some assessment tests: these tests can help you discover or rediscover skills and talents and jobs that suit these abilities. The three tests that The Journal recommends are the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, and Campbell Interest & Skill Survey.
4. Find out what skills youll need for your new career path: youll have to do some more research to cover this step. Networking comes into play as well. If your credentials are lacking, you may want to take classes and do volunteer work to help you improve on the necessary skills.
5. Revamp your resume: we have established that your resume should be different for each job; in this case, highlight skills or experience that will be most relevant to your new line of work.
By Kyle Wise
Click here to find Jobs in Reno.
Back to About