Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort in Olympic Valley, CA
Flex Year Round
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.###.#### to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades Tahoe
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age. Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Sign Production: Utilize various methods of production to produce requested signage utilizing brand guidelines. Sign production includes all aspects of sign and banner fabrication, including application, laminating and installation of vinyl graphics to substrates, vehicles, and direct to surface. Involves use of large format print production, including pre-press, vinyl plotting & weeding, printer operations, and sign finishing. Production includes the use of the small tools and equipment, various hand and power tools. Requires accurate measurement and cutting of substrates and materials with sharp blades.
- Sign Installation & Maintenance: Involves removal of existing signage to prepare site for new signage installation. Install of new or updated signage, using appropriate tools and hardware, to match outlined designs and specifications, ensuring proper function and presentation is met. Maintaining and updating signage for relevancy, fixing broken signage, and evolving existing signage to meet branding, function and utility changes. Requires proficient use of power and hand tools and heavy equipment related to signage installation, including lifts, telehandlers and other heavy machinery. Use of ladders and equipment used to install signage in indoor and outdoor locations is required, including at heights and using associated safety equipment. Manage and coordinate large signage projects with Maintenance, Ski Patrol, Construction and other associated departments.
- Signage Evaluation: Work with Sign Shop Manager, Director of Marketing, and various stakeholders to do scheduled signage assessments to ensure current and on brand signage. Identify new opportunities for sign improvements and merchandising assets.
- Brand Management: Prioritize brand and logo by utilizing sign templates and brand guidelines. Sign purposes and language should be reviewed to ensure consistency and function.
- Vendor and Contractor Installation Supervision: Support Sign Shop Manager in vendor / contractor selection, communication, and serve as on-site liaison for site survey and installation.
- Materials Management: Where possible, recycle signage and reduce waste. Work with Sign Shop Manager to ensure best use practices and maintenance of clean and organized shop.
- Communication: Work with various departments at Palisades Tahoe to ensure satisfaction with signage. Manage sign projects to ensure on time delivery.
- Team Player: Day to day the employee will be expected to help other departments with their sign/communication needs. Will assist with other branding opportunities as needed including corporate sponsor activation and terrain park branding.
- Customer Service: Provide guests and customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
- Proficiency with power tools, saws, cutting devices, and all types of sign installation hardware.
- Experience with heavy equipment, such as forklift and telehandlers, and comfort in a man basket at heights. Experience with ladders and working from heights.
- Strict adherence to all safety codes and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a dynamic workload and fulfill urgent requests
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, spelling and proofreading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision. Familiarity with Palisades Tahoe.
- Ability to work weekends Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Must capable of occasionally squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, and balancing, able to climb ladders and shovel snow. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise:
The use of paint, chemicals, power tools and small tools are used while performing the duties of the job. The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.Equipment Used in Job:
The job requires the use of multiple power tools, small tools, sharp knives and tools. Shovels, snow removal equipment, snow blowers are used during snow removal. Education and Experience:
- Computer Experience: Must be Macintosh / PC competent with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat as well as Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience using Roland Versa Works, HP Onyx, Flexi Sign or similar RIP software; and operational experience of Roland large format printer and Graphtec vinyl cutter plotter is desirable but not mandatory
- Equipment Experience: Macintosh / PC platforms, Large format HP flatbed printers, Graphtec Plotter, GBC laminator, Fletcher cutter.
- Certificatefrom college or technical school; or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced ski or snowboard ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid driver's license
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Base hourly pay range: $24.86 - $32.31 per hour
For information on Alterra Mountain Company's Social Responsibility work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility. Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color), disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our workforce.