The Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
OVERVIEW: Greet patients, check in, collect and enter demographic information and insurance. Check out patients, collect payments and make future appointments. Answer phones. Obtain insurance referrals and authorization for procedures. Work toward the common goal of providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors to the practice.
SCOPE: The Patient Services Receptionist is a non-exempt position reporting to the Office Administrator.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, ADA, this description identifies the essential components of the job required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests for reasonable accommodations to facilitate the performance of these essential functions will be given careful consideration.)
- Responsible for the daily coverage of reception area including answering incoming calls, making appointments, greeting patients, and ensuring a smooth flow of operation and customer satisfaction.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors in person, on the telephone, or on the portal in a friendly and timely manner.
- Check in patients, reviews demographic information and corrects if necessary. Take photos of patients. Scans photo ID & insurance cards. Ensure fee tickets are printed.
- Reviews New Patient paperwork to ensure all documentation has been received and completed correctly. Follow up with patient as needed.
- Retrieve all new patient requests from e-mail, and patient portal.
- Schedule new patient appointments.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, verify benefits and obtain insurance authorizations.
- Retrieve all messages from the office voicemail and your personal voicemail. Notify the appropriate staff.
- Pull and prepare charts one-two days in advance of appointment.
- Make sure we have referrals for insurances that need them. Get authorization for any visits that require it.
- Call confirm appointments one-two days in advance.
- Complete all work that is put in the black box and emailed from clinical staff.
- Review daily schedule and prepare for each patient.
- Check out patients, collect payments (co-pay, deductibles, surgery and fertility deposits, previous balance, cycle fees and fees for Associated Anesthesia and make follow up appointments
- Oversees flow of waiting areas, monitoring patient wait time and communicates delays to patients and staff.
- Maintains a neat and clean waiting area and front office area. Maintain and organize magazines only keeping current month. Keep brochures and business cards stocked.
- Responsible for answering or referring inquiries.
- Acts like a communication center by answering the phones and directing all phone messages to the appropriate individuals as well as portal messages.
- Assists in receiving and signing for all deliveries.
- Prepare paperwork for patients having anesthesia for surgical procedures, egg retrievals, pesa/tese procedures Collect payment for Associated Anesthesia and submit payment the day of the procedure.
- Responsible for ensuring all new patients medical records have been received and are available for the patient’s appointment.
- Responsible for handling medical record requests in a timely manner
- Schedule appointments for ER’s, ET’s, FET’s and IUI’s.
- Responsible for making new patient packets and semen specimen bags.
Retrieve and return charts from offsite storage facility.
- Verify insurance benefits for all patients, and prepare report for patient.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Back up for all positions at the front desk, assist with financial, billing and administration departments.
- Yearly purge of charts.
- Order supplies for office.
- Responsible for compiling new patient packets and forms.
- Responsible for daily reminder calls and patient follow up. Make patient appointments.
- Retrieve and distribute faxes.
- File charts away all day long.
- Assist in training of employees.
- Assist various departments with special projects as needed.
- CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- Ensures the confidentiality of all patient records and care per confidentiality policy.
- Speaks in a low tone to patients to ensure privacy.
- SCOPE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- Obtains insurance information and collects payment from patients.
- Effective use of resources in daily work.
- PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel for objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at that time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a medical office setting,
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc)
- Knowledge of insurance companies, referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate accurately and be able to take direction from others.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and telephone skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, Computer Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience in fertility is a plus
- Experience in NextGen is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, dependable, friendly, multi-task and troubleshoot problems in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility required by the job holder. The Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine hopes each job holder can react to reasonable change productively and handle other tasks assigned.
Full Time position Monday – Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Requires occasional weekends and overtime as needed.
Please email cover letter and resume to Attn: Tammy Gregg, Administrator at email@example.com
No Walk ins, fax number or phone calls please. Emails only!
To learn more about our practice, please visit our website at www.nevadafertility.com.