Overview: The Brand Specialist plays a key role in developing new customer relationships while maintaining service levels with existing customer base and is responsible for customer deliveries, warehouse operations, and in-store activities for our retail and food service customers. We are looking for individuals with a passion for providing excellent customer service and excel working both independently and as a member of a team. This role requires a flexible schedule with occasional weekend work and start times as early as 4 am.
Candidates must have a valid drivers license. They must have a minimum of 1 year experience driving delivery trucks between the sizes of 14 feet and 22 feet. Retail merchandising experience preferred but not a must.
Candidates must have a passion for food. They will be asked to perform food samplings on weekends.
Job Description: Essential Functions
• Itemized check in of delivered goods with customer representative
• Complete bi-weekly customer inventory
• Create bi-weekly orders based on established inventory levels
• Pull credits, create out of date memos, and issue customer credits
• Complete merchandising resets and recommend opportunities for cross merchandising Brand Coach
• Complete 1 on 1 training with customer’s employees including exceptional customer service, product knowledge, product parings, slicing technique, etc.
• Complete assigned Go-Spot-Check missions Brand Steward
• Delivery of perishable goods to customers
• Monitor truck maintenance schedule and coordinate necessary maintenance
• Continuously cultivate relationships with customer by actively engaging with deli management and personnel to understand their customer base, evolving product or training needs, and specific opportunities/challenges Brand Concierge
• Build awareness of our premium delicatessen products by engaging consumers through product sampling General
• Complete additional activities or special projects as assigned Minimum Requirements Job Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent; including basic math and reasoning
• Ability to speak and read English
• 1+ years of experience as Brand Associate or 3 years of experience in a customer service, sales, warehouse or similar role
• Successful mastery of Brand Associate essential functions and requirements
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Basic computer skills Physical Requirements
• Ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours
• Ability to bend, twist, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
• Ability to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs; push or pull objects up to 600 lbs. Working Conditions
• Ability to work in a refrigerated/freezer environment Training and Certification Requirements (Will provide)
• Product knowledge and customer service
• Company history
• ServSafe certification
• Deli Operations
• Slicer use, maintenance, and cleaning
• Deli scale operation and sanitation
• Proper slicing technique, product wrapping and handling
• DOT compliance and Safe Driver training
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.