Food Packaging Technician
Reno Staffing is in search of reliable candidates for an organic and gluten-free food manufacturer in the North Valleys area!
Reliable transportation is required as the position is NOT along a bus line.
An updated resume and phone interview is required!
Swing Shift $15.50/hour - Monday - Friday 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. (Please be advised that start times may be staggered to follow proper social distancing guidelines)
Do you have 3-6 months of experience working in a food related field, manufacturing industry, an industrial setting, construction, or farming? If so, this position is for you!
Don't have a resume? No problem we can help you make one!
Job offer is contingent upon successful completion of drug test and background.
Ensure finished goods are packaged safely and efficiently according to company standards
- Place packaged product correctly onto conveyor into cartoner to ensure efficiency
- Make sure bags are holding air and no bad crackers are in bag
- Palletize cases of finished product following the case count per pallet required
- Inspects lot numbers and best by date to ensure they are clearly printed on all cartons and cases
- Rotate every 30 minutes
- Wrap finished pallets using Robo pack and put finished pallet in proper staging area.
Perform a final inspection of finished goods in accordance with the company’s quality standards in a safe and efficient manner
- Inspect and sort all finished goods within designated timeframe distinguishing between burnt, under cooked, and satisfactory guidelines
- Maintain a clean work area free of debris and product by minimizing the amount of product that falls onto the floor
- Keep area clean (move full gaylords off production floor as needed, keep crackers off floor and keep walking paths clear)
- Keep carton waste separate from all other waste
- Keep cardboard waste separate from all other waste
- Well-lighted, manufacturing setting with adequate ventilation and loud noises
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Extreme heat or cold conditions
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Air contamination of fumes or caustic chemicals
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or;
- 3-6 months of experience working in a food related field, manufacturing industry, an industrial setting, construction, or farming or;
- Letter of Recognition for volunteering for at least 3-6 months
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Basic personal computer skills
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- Ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less; or 20 feet or more
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus
- Ability to exert 56 pounds of force every 15 minutes; lift 7 to 10 pounds every minute
If you are interested in this position and agree to the job duties please apply via this link and a recruiter will contact you to schedule an appointment.
If you have questions please call Reno Staffing, 775-356-1137. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure adequate social distancing. Per CDC and Nevada State recommendation, face masks are required at all while in our office.
Reno Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.