Would you like to work for an award winning, community service minded District? Do you share our Core Values? Do you want to be part of an amazing team?
Tahoe City Public Utility District has an exciting career opportunity for the full time position of GIS Specialist.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated expertise in administering an ESRI software-based GIS program, and creating mapping products.
The GIS Specialist administers, maintains and continues development of the District’s system mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS) programs and GraniteNet Inspection software program; assists with the District’s asset management program and provides basic support for other District information system applications; prepares maps, plans, details, exhibits, and graphics using Esri ArcGIS Software, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software or other appropriate software.
Essential Functions include:
• Develop, administer, update and implement the District’s Esri GIS software program, asset management database, system mapping and related engineering information system applications.
• Develop, administer, update and implement the District’s GraniteNet Utility Inspection software program.
• Maintain and update the District’s property rights database and other engineering document databases, including District record drawings and maps.
• Develop, maintain, administer and update District GIS asset databases, develop new data sets and GIS layers, using as-built plans or sketches of sewer, water, parks and recreation facilities, including field collection of required facility data.
• Relevant software applications to include Esri ArcGIS, GraniteNet and AutoCAD software suites.
• Sewer, water, parks, and facilities mapping.
• GIS principles and practices as applied to utilities, parks, facilities and other public works.
• CADD principles and practices as applied to utilities, parks, facilities and other public works.
• Principles and practices associated with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) equipment used to survey asset locations.
• Read, comprehend and interpret plans, details, specifications, reports, easements, ordinances, policies, procedures and any other document within the expertise of the incumbent.
• Apply technical engineering principles and practices.
Education and Training Requirements: Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, surveying, GIS, computer science or a closely related field.
• Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience performing GIS related work utilizing ESRI software products.
• Certification as a GIS Professional (GISP) from the GIS Certification Institute or an ArcGIS Desktop Professional Certification from ESRI, or ability to obtain within 24 months of appointment.
• Computer proficiency with emphasis on ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and other engineering applications is required.
Tahoe City Public Utility District provides an excellent salary and benefits package.
Please visit www.tcpud.org for job description and job application. All applicants must submit TCPUD's job application and a resume in order to be considered.
Deadline for submission is 4:00 pm on Friday, October 30, 2020.
Contact Michelle Martland, Human Resources Administrator at 530-580-6043 with questions. TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. TCPUD is an EOE.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.