People are the most valuable asset at Garlock Printing & Converting and we are committed to increasing that value year after year. Stop looking for a j.o.b. and start launching your career in a trajectory of success and growth for you and your family.
GARLOCK PRINTING & CONVERTING CORPORATION continues to be an innovative, visionary leader in the manufacture of flexible packaging with unparalleled quality, environmental sustainability, and consistent lead times. Our cutting edge technology and knowledgeable and innovative workforce allows us to meet and exceed the expectations of our current and potential business partners who embrace and demand supplier excellence.
GPC offers competitive pay with great benefits; a quarterly attendance incentive bonus and an employee referral program of $500.00 per employee successfully referred. Great people combined with a great vision and plan for growth equals great opportunities for your career advancement.
The Press Production Assistant (PA) position is the first step to launching your career. This role works with Machine Operators to convert world class flexographic film. This is a hands on opportunity and first step in becoming a Machine Operator in the ever growing Flexographic Printing Industry. Our (PA's) will perform various manual and mechanical duties to provide assistance in the set up and operation of Flexographic CI Presses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all Safety & Food Safety standards throughout organization.
- Adhere to and perform all tasks in SAFE MANNER.
- Strive for Excellent Attendance
- Assist Machine operator as needed. Take full ownership of your work area and work to achieve Total Quality Management culture.
- Read job information to determine product specifications and reconfigure equipment as needed.
- Make adjustments to equipment and speeds in a limited capacity.
- Load and web required product rolls.
- Monitor operation to ensure product is feeding and operating properly
- Package finished product at one of several workstations as assigned
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of press components and work area.
- Assist operators in set up and loading/unload of film
- Take product samples and print labels as requested by operator
- Maintain a 6s work area at all times.
- Compare ink color kits and ensure ink color in kits match press sample.
- Test ink viscosity by performing flow rate test, work with press operator and make adjustments as required.
- Set up ink supply, monitor ink consumption and recovery system, and ensure proper function.
- Remove ink supply and recovery components. Clean all component by washing or scrape as necessary utilizing solvents/alcohol etc. Reinstall clean components. Assist with the setup of plate rolls, anilox rolls, calendar rolls etc. Load and unload paper.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and respect
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- *Must be flexible in work schedule and work nights
- Intermittently on feet for approx. 8-12 hours daily
- Periodic lifting up to approx. 50 lbs
- Walking, squatting, crouching, turning, twisting, stretching, climbing steps, grabbing, pulling, pushing & bending
- Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities
- Exposure includes but is not limited to continuous noise, scent of materials, bright work stations, machinery with moving parts
Because we believe in our workforce we offer training, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurances
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match (vesting after 2 years)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Attendance Bonus