Ellsworth, an industry leading global distributor of specialty chemicals and equipment, currently has a Distribution Center Associate opportunity at Ellsworth Adhesives – Specialty Chemical Distribution located in Sparks, NV.
Responsible for a variety of warehousing and distribution center activities which may include shipping, receiving, inventory control, expediting, order preparation, hazardous shipment packing and documentation order processing.
- Must perform well in a team environment and possess a strong bias toward customer service. Successful teammates will have effective communication and interpersonal skills along with both the attitude and aptitude to successfully perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday
- Are able to balance accuracy and job function with an appropriate sense of urgency in a metric environment with shared Team goals.
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED, HSED) and 2+ years of related industrial experience and/other training
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Must be self-directed, able work independently within the fast-paced warehouse environment
- Basic math skills for measuring, counting and weighing
- Detail oriented nature and precision is critical to ensure products adhere to designated quality standards
- Must be hardworking, punctual, dependable and work well with others
- Proficient on a PC skills
- Forklift Certification preferred
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately receive product from a variety of vendors into WMS inventory using a wireless handheld RF scanner and consults receiving documents during task completion. As part of the receiving function, unloads carriers and separates material for receipt. Performs put away process and is able to effectively balance between receiving and put away in a self-directed Team environment.
- Picks orders in an RF environment as a member of a larger Team. With training and feedback, is able to prioritize available picking tickets based on Team communication and downstream processing opportunities.
- Packages sales orders for shipping to Customers in conjunction with a manifest and WMS system. Accurately assesses order requirements and consistently fulfills them including, but not limited to creating Customer labels and applying necessary package markings.
- Complete order level documentation as it relates to customer requirements.
- Provide support to the DC order preparation process and inventory integrity.
- Provides a positive “Ellsworth” experience to both internal and external customers in every part of the Distribution Center process.
- Cross trained to at least two core DC operational function (Shipping, Receiving, Picking or Documentation)
To apply, follow the link to our careers site to submit your Resume. Candidates who have not applied previously will be asked to register, create a username and password. http://careers.ellsworth.com