Tahoe Forest Health System
10121 Pine Avenue
$18.37 + DOE hour
We are offering a $1,500 Sign-On Bonus for all new employees
Summary: Performs front office duties in order to maintain an efficient workflow for the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following:
- Greets, receives visitors, determines nature of business, and directs as appropriate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Registers patients by obtaining and verifying accurate demographic and insurance information for billing.
- Enters data into the computer as needed to maintain office and patient records.
- Schedules and maintains appointments based on provider and service-specific requirements to ensure accurate schedules are maintained.
- Reviews physician daily schedules for appropriate visit lengths and types.
- Informs providers of scheduled procedures.
- Prints and updates schedules for all providers.
- Communicates to back office, provider, and Practice Lead significant schedule changes.
- Schedules ancillary tests per specific provider practice and/or assists patient in scheduling ancillary services including diagnostic imaging, lab, and transportation.
- Documents and follows up on no shows in accordance with No Show Policy.
- Makes appointment confirmation calls.
- Answers the phone within three rings.
- Answers questions within scope of practice, routes calls as appropriate or takes clear, detailed messages as needed.
- Retrieves voice mail messages, returns calls to answer questions within scope of practice or routes calls as appropriate.
- Provides first level of resolution with patients, involving Practice Lead for second level of resolution.
- Collects and posts payments, office co-pays, deductibles, and self-pay balances at time of service.
- Balances cash and completes daily cash reconciliation.
- Prepares daily deposit and reconciles collection report following protocol.
- Ensures accurate completion of medical record requests as assigned.
- Prepares charts for next day’s appointments.
- Handles flow of patient reports, and routes to appropriate practitioner for review and signatures.
- Obtains test results and records as requested by the medical provider.
- Accesses and maintains information in various electronic health records (EHR) systems as requested.
- Ensures downtime binders are maintained daily.
- Maintains proficiency with practice management, EHR, hospital registration, and results retrieval systems.
- Provides general office support including retrieving, opening and distributing mail per office protocol; making photocopies, faxing and mailing documents.
- Works closely with Practice Leads on processes/procedures including training of staff as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of cleanliness of office and waiting area.
- Maintains par levels of all forms and office supplies and report any deficiencies to Practice Lead.
- Assumes opening and closing duties as needed.
- Works as part of implementation team for any project within the MSC as directed.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.