Reno Staffing is looking for a Superintendent I for a Property Damage Services Company in the South Reno area!
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible for a company that provides property damager services, restoration and constructions in South Reno.
Shift: Monday - Friday
Location: Reno, NV 89502
The Superintendent I is responsible for assisting the Project Managers in managing the completion of construction projects. Duties also include supervising production crews, scheduling, budgeting, documenting projects as assigned. In addition to supervising crews, the Superintendent I is in charge of overseeing the work done by sub-contractors. A successful Superintendent I will have great attention to detail, ability to manage a calendar, offer feedback to struggling employees, the ability to effectively lead a team of employees and sub-contractors. A major component of this role is customer service and offering clear and accurate information to our customers. A typical Superintendent I will handle approximately $800K of projects in their pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete assigned projects within budgets
- Complete projects within specified timelines
- Development of subcontractors and resource pool
- Manage the relationship between the subcontractors and the customer
- Customer communication and service, including written schedules and timely communicate with the customer
- Manage schedules and resources via procedures and processes in place for internal controls
- Timely and accurate documentation of projects utilizing required software and technology
- Writing change orders and accurate cost estimating
- Assist with collections of contract/change order payments
- Working with building departments, engineers and architects throughout the repair process
- Problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Work safely at all times by following all safety precautions and keep work area neat and organized
- Take responsibility for all company owned tools and supplies by monitoring tool usage and utilizing lockboxes to secure tools overnight
- Maintain a clear driving record with the DMV
- Direct the work of other company staff and laborers, as needed, in order to complete job duties and scope of given project.
- Proficient in growing and leading strong teams and help technicians grow in role
- Teach, train, and coach all employees under your supervision
- Work with other superintendents to share resources and create a smooth scheduling process
- Continually communicate safety and demonstrate how to work safe at all times
- Heavy work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ascends/descends ladders, stairs, scaffoldings, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Maintain balance in all situations. Push, pull and frequently carry objects such as tools, materials and equipment.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Coordinate movement with eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- See and hear well with or without correction to avoid safety hazards to themselves and others.
At the discretion of your lead or supervisor, you could be required to perform additional job related activities not specifically outlined above.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- 5 years’ experience in the construction field
- Possess a strong construction background and be able to communicate with Insurance Adjusters/Reps that may have very little construction knowledge
- Possess exceptional organizational and planning skills (detail-oriented person)
- Ability to recognize and solve problems independently
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable
- Models the Companies Core Values
Respect – “Success through honoring ourselves and others”
Integrity – “A foundation cemented in Doing it the “Rite” way”
Teamwork – “Promoting uniformity while inspiring individualism”
Excellence – “Delivering WOW through service”
- Jobsites may vary from very clean environments to very dirty environments or other unsanitary conditions. Protective gear is available for use and is required on some heavily contaminated work sites.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
If you meet this requirements please apply with your updated resume for consideration!
Reno Staffing prides ourselves in working with people from all walks of life. However a background check is required for this specific position and this client has a No violent/theft felony policy.
If you feel like this is a job for you, please apply through this job posting. Questions? Give us a call at (775) 356-1137 and one of our helpful and friendly Recruiters will help you get to work!
Appointments are highly encouraged by walk-ins are welcome!
Reno Staffing is open (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm) via phone (775) 356-1137, email firstname.lastname@example.org, text message (775)453-4691.
We are located at: Reno Staffing, 4690 Longley Lane, Suite 23, Reno, NV 89502
Reno Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to meeting you!