Reno Staffing is looking for a Warehouse Manager for a heavy equipment Manufacturer in Reno!
Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, returns, shipping, and inventory control of product in a manner consistent with company, quality, service, and cost objectives.
Location: Reno, 89502
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and manages all warehouse personnel.
- Plans and coordinates work / work schedules.
- Trains and motivates staff.
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance.
- Ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment in the workplace.
- Ensures that accurate attendance/vacation records and scheduling are maintained.
- Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Provide daily oversight and direction of IN/Outbound warehouse operations (picking, packing, and shipping).
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Interview and recommend applicants for hire.
- Ensures that all orders received before cut off time and are processed accurately, packaged properly and shipped same day.
- Ensures that all orders shipped each day are properly dispatched (invoiced).
- Monitor all scheduled and/or delivery of freight to ensure pick-up and delivery deadlines are met.
- Ensures that all incoming inventory is communicated to purchasing dept., properly examined, quantities & part numbers verified, properly put away & located and goods received in a timely manner.
- Resolves discrepancies with purchasing/accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Ensures that all cycle count inventory processes are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigate and correct any inventory outages identified.
- Ensure that all material handling equipment/tooling is maintained for proper operation and safety requirements.
- Oversees and inspects the physical conditions of the warehouse to ensure compliance with governmental safety & environmental regulations.
- Supervise and work alongside other team members to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate tasks by effectively communicating priorities to team members, ensuring efficiency, quality, and team performance are maximized.
- Train and manage team members to solve day-to-day issues and help them reach performance goals.
- Train new employees in warehouse policies, procedures, cross training, and safety needs (forklift, etc.)
- Provide feedback by coaching, counseling, training, and disciplining team members to ensure the goals and results needed are achieved.
- Work in conjunction with the warehouse logistics manager to ensure the timely processing of all warehouse orders, general paperwork, packing slips, shipping, and receiving documents.
- Manage and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities of the warehouse team to ensure quality standards, accuracy and delivery expectations are met consistently.
- Maintain bin labels and conduct daily cycle counts.
- Review and prepare workflow for yourself and other team members to ensure productivity, quality, and customer expectations are met daily.
- Maintain the overall condition of the warehouse facility, its contents, and equipment - including safety, cleanliness, and organization.
- Conducts monthly safety meeting with warehouse personnel, periodic facility inspections and annual inspections with our safety counterparts.
- Manages injury and reporting per company policy.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- 7 plus years of related experience working in similar industry.
- Understand dispatch issues and procedures.
- Familiar with WMS system.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of internal/external staffing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Forklift experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of shipping regulations.
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadline
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Predominantly sedentary light office position with prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on computer (80% of the workday). Continuously work on repetitive tasks and use hands and fingers to handle, grasp, control or feel or manipulate objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to look at a computer monitor all day. Occasionally distance and depth vision. The person in this position frequently communicates both verbal talk & hear (phone/ in person) and written (letter/text).
The employee is occasionally required bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and crouch while picking or looking for parts. Occasionally mount & dismount warehouse forklift equipment, climb or balance. Must demonstrate ability to lift, push/pull or carry items weighing up to 100 pounds during shift.
Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include dust, gases, heat, humidity and cold.
Personal Protective Equipment is provided (earplugs, eye protection, gloves).
Travel is occasional with most contact with customers by phone and email correspondence. Able to work weekends and extended hours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
A resume and interview are required to be considered for this position. A Drug test will be required.
Reno Staffing prides ourselves in working with people from all walks of life. (Change accordingly:However a Background check is required for this specific position and this client has a No violent/theft felony policy.)